Last updated 16 June 2018
The purpose of these Terms of Service is to establish some rules and standards for using qritli (encompassing the qritli website, qritli API, and qritli browser plugins, and herein referred to as 'qritli' or the 'Service').
Please read these Terms of Service in their entirety and ensure that you understand them. Should anything be unclear or should you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to email@example.com.
You are responsible for your use of qritli and for any consequences arising thereof. qritli does not make any guarantee that URLs submitted to the Service are free of viruses or malware, or are 'safe for work', does not make any guarantee that the Service will be available for use at all times, and takes no responsibility for any damages that may occur as a result of the Service's use.
You must only use qritli in accordance with these Terms of Service. qritli reserves the right to deny, block, or throttle access to any part of the Service, either permanently or temporarily and in any capacity, to any individual at any time, with or without prior notice.
Access to qritli is strictly limited to the official qritli website (https://qrit.li) or an official qritli browser plugin. Direct calls to qritli's API are not prohibited, but they are not encouraged, endorsed, or supported, and they may be denied, blocked, or throttled at any time.
qritli does not use SSL encryption for any requests made to or from its servers. qritli cannot guarantee that any interaction with the Service or any stored data will be secure. qritli also does not guarantee that the Service or any content provided on the Service is error free.
qritli and/or its licensors own all of the intellectual property rights and materials contained on the Service. You are granted a limited license only for purposes of viewing the material contained on the Service.
You must not use qritli for any purpose that is unlawful, against these Terms of Service, or otherwise against the intended purpose of the Service as defined here. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree to not use qritli:
• In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation;
• To submit to the Service any URL which does not comply with the URL Content Standards defined in Section 7;
• To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of qritli, or which, as determined by qritli, may harm the Service, users of the Service, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
• Use qritli in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party's use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Service;
• Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process, or means to access qritli for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service or within the Service's databases;
• Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on qritli or within the Service's databases, or for any other unauthorised purpose without qritli's prior written consent;
• Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of qritli;
• Introduce to qritli any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
• Attempt to gain unauthorised access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of qritli, the server/s on which qritli is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Service;
• Attack qritli via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service;
• Attempt to reverse engineer any part of qritli's source code for any purpose;
• Create unofficial clients or interfaces which mimic qritli or interact with qritli's API;
• Embed the qritli website into any iFrame or other web frame or container;
• Download, unpackage, modify, or redistribute any part of qritli's source code.
qritli reserves the right to deny, block, or throttle access to any part of the Service, either permanently or temporarily and in any capacity, to any individual at any time, with or without prior notice. This includes, but is not restricted to, limiting the number of requests made to qritli's API within a predetermined timespan.
qritli contains user submitted URLs. All user submitted URLs and the websites and content they link to must be lawful, not spam, and clear of viruses or other malware. More specifically, but without limiting the foregoing, user submitted URLs and the websites and content they link to must adhere to the following Content Standards:
• Not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable;
• Not promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
• Not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity;
• Not violate the legal rights (including the rights of publicity and privacy) of others, or contain any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable laws or regulations, or that otherwise may be in conflict with these Terms of Service;
• Not be likely to deceive any person, including to trick someone into visiting a website they would otherwise choose not to visit based off the appearance of a URL;
• Not promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act;
• Not cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety, or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person or entity;
• Not be used to impersonate any other person or entity, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
• Not involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising;
• Not give the impression that they emanate from qritli or any other person or entity if this is not the case.
qritli does not actively review user submitted URLs and is not responsible for, and does not claim ownership of, the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any external link does not imply endorsement by qritli, and access of any such externally linked website is at your own risk (refer to Section 8). qritli reserves the right to remove user submitted URLs linking to any content or webpage that violates the aforementioned Content Standards.
qritli contains links to third party websites, either directly embedded (e.g. donation link), or as user submitted URLs (i.e. URLs that have been shortened). By using qritli you understand that you may be redirected, with or without notice, to another website outside the control of qritli.
qritli makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, about third party websites, the third parties they are owned and operated by, the information contained on them, or the suitability or quality of any of their products or services. qritli does not actively monitor or investigate third party links for their accuracy, validity, reliability, availability, or completeness and therefore makes no guarantee that third party links or user submitted URLs are free of viruses or malware, or 'safe for work'. You access all third party websites at your own risk.
These Terms of Service do not apply to any third party websites that you may be redirected to by using qritli. It is your responsibility to read and understand the Terms of Service of all third party websites.
qritli reserves the right to:
• Remove or refuse to post any user submitted URL for any or no reason at its sole discretion;
• Take any action with respect to any user submitted URL that is deemed necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it is believed that the user submitted URL violates the Terms of Service, infringes any intellectual property right or other right, threatens the personal safety of users of qritli and the public, or could create liability for qritli;
• Disclose personal information when required to do so by applicable law, including in response to a law enforcement request supported by a valid court order;
• Terminate your access to all or part of qritli for any or no reason, including without limitation any violation of these Terms of Service.
You waive and hold harmless qritli from any claims resulting from any action taken by qritli during or as a result of its investigations and from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either qritli or law enforcement authorities.
The following statements apply up to the maximum extend permitted under applicable law.
In no event shall qritli, nor any of its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, and licensors (collectively, the "Entities"), be held liable for any damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of the Service, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise. qritli, including its Entities, shall not be held liable for any indirect, consequential, or special liability arising out of, or in any way related to, your use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Service is provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis.
YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT QRITLI, INCLUDING ITS ENTITIES, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND/OR ALL LIABILITIES, COSTS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES AND EXPENSES ARISING IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
These Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between qritli and you in relation to your use of the Service, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings.
These Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or qritli shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of Australia or the courts of the State of New South Wales, Australia.
These Terms of Service will be periodically reviewed and may be updated at any time. You will be notified of any modifications the first time you access qritli following the publishing of an updated Terms of Service, via a banner at the top of the page. Your continued use of qritli following the publishing of an updated Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding these Terms of Service, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.